Marvel at Malta and Gozo
Surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea, Malta and Gozo offer travellers a little slice of everything. From breath-taking coves with crystal clear turquoise waters, impressive prehistoric sites, giant megalithic temples and underground necropolis.
- Stunning Valletta...spend hours wandering this historic capital!
- Boat Trips to Gozo and Comino
- Historical sites and culture
- Wedding destination
- Delicious local food
The historic capital of Valletta makes you feel as if you as stepping through history. Its unique tall houses with wooden and glass balconies fill the city, and its steep streets offer impressive vistas and small glimpses of the Mediterranean.
The Maltese are renowned for their kind heartedness and hospitality. Strike up a conversation and you will soon be sharing a cooling Cisk Beer and a Patixxi, a small flaky pastry parcel filled with ricotta cheese or mushy peas.
Malta is one of our favourite places in Europe! There is so much to see and do...and everything is so well connected by the local bus network. Start your holiday to Malta.
VISIT MALTA for Impressive Walled Cities and The Blue Lagoon
A visit to Malta must include a trip to Mdina. Known as the silent city its walled streets are believed to date back 4000 years. Sat above one Malta’s highest peaks its position offers unparalleled views. Climb up the bastions and enjoy the scenery for yourself.
For a change of pace visit Marsaxlokk with its stunning harbour full of colourful fishing boats, brightly painted with the eye of Osiris. Excellent seafood restaurants are in abundance, offering a unique take on foods due to Malta’s location in the Med. Expect French, Italian and Arabic flavours.
Grab a water taxi or ferry ride and visit the well-known ‘Blue Lagoon’ on the small island of Comino. Then ferry over to laid back Gozo, which has a more traditional feel than Malta. Its countryside perfect for exploring and pretty towns undeveloped.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IN MALTA?
Click the interactive map below:
Visit MALTA & GOZO for
- Historical sites and culture.
- Wonderful climate and glistening Mediterranean Sea.
- Having some of the cleanest waters in Europe makes it a diving paradise.
- Vittoriosa’s ancient streets, one of the three cities. Known as Birgu to the locals.
- Underground burial chambers of Hal Saflieni Hypogeum. Around 5000 years old
Top MALTA & GOZO Experiences
- Grab a ferry ride over to neighbouring Gozo and be amazed by its rugged coastline and quaint towns.
- Stroll around Valletta at your own pace, marvelling at the unique buildings and beautiful laneways.
- Try the delicious Maltese bread, a crusty sourdough often baked in a wood oven.
Start your Gozo holiday:
HAVE A WANDER AROUND MALTA
Start your Malta holiday today.
No need to hire a car (and struggle to park In Valetta). Travel around by the easily accessible bus routes.
When To Go
Malta is worth visiting all year round, however Spring is thought to be the best time to visit.
I visited in April-the days were warm but I need a coat for the evenings.
3-4 hours from the UK
Maltese & English