BUZZING BARCELONA HOLIDAYS
Barcelona is a truly cosmopolitan city with cultural and historical diversity, where you will hear both Spanish and Catalan spoken. Renowned for its night-life and incredible atmosphere, it also has sandy beaches, stunning architecture, beautiful parks and gardens and a labyrinth of narrow streets with boutique shops and restaurants to explore. With something for all ages, and super Mediterranean climate, the city can be visited all year long.
Start your city break to Barcelona
Stroll around the Gothic Quarter, the oldest part of the city, with its Roman remains and beautiful narrow lanes that twist and bend. This area is pedestrianised and full of boutique shops, restaurants and street musicians. La Rambla is another bustling area to stroll through and is busy day and night, oozing atmosphere.
Ciutadella Park is the perfect place to explore and relax with a picnic. Its 70 acres has plenty of greenery, lake, boat rentals, city zoo and museums. Park Guell is a public botanic park and is famous for its architectural elements designed by Gaudi. Considered to be one of the best public parks in the world it is also home to the Gaudi museum. From here walk or take a taxi to Bunker del Carnel for an impressive 360 degree view of Barcelona.
Start your holiday to Barcelona
WHAT SHOULD I SEE IN BARCELONA?
- Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, Gaudi’s fantasy church started in 1882 but not yet completed. Beautiful both inside and out, book tickets and visit early in the day as it gets very busy. Casa Mila and Casa Batllo are also well worth visiting to fully appreciate Gaudi’s architectural artistry.
- The sandy beaches, such as La Barceloneta, can get busy. After sunbathing and swimming why not hire bikes and cycle beside them, soaking up the atmosphere. Stop off in the cafés and bars along the way.
- Football fan? Head to Camp Nou, the largest football stadium in Europe and catch a match or take in a tour.
- See the spectacular music and light show at the Magic Fountain.
- Escape the heat at the interactive science museum.
- Explore La Boqueria Market for its impressive displays of meats, fruit and vegetables.
Start your Barcelona city break today!
When To Go
All year round. An ideal city break.
Around 2 hours & 10 minutes from the UK.